As we enter a new era of fashion, the spotlight is on Gen Z and their attitudes towards sustainable fashion. This generation, born between 1997 and 2012, is coming of age in a world that is increasingly aware of the environmental impact of fast fashion. But do they care about sustainable fashion? In this article, we’ll explore the attitudes of Gen Z towards sustainable fashion, and whether they are driving the movement towards a more ethical and environmentally-friendly industry.
Who is Gen Z and what defines them?
Characteristics of Gen Z
Generation Z, also known as Gen Z, is the demographic cohort following the Millennials. They were born between the mid-1990s and the early 2010s, making them currently between 10 and 25 years old. They are often characterized by their upbringing in a digital age, their diverse backgrounds, and their focus on social issues.
One of the defining characteristics of Gen Z is their digital literacy. They have grown up with access to the internet and social media, and they use these platforms to stay informed and connect with others. They are also more likely to shop online, which has led to an increase in the popularity of sustainable fashion brands that can be easily accessed through e-commerce platforms.
Another characteristic of Gen Z is their awareness of social and environmental issues. They have been raised in a time of heightened awareness of climate change, social inequality, and political polarization. As a result, they are more likely to prioritize sustainability and ethical consumption when making purchasing decisions. They are also more likely to support brands that align with their values and advocate for social and environmental causes.
Finally, Gen Z is known for their desire for individuality and self-expression. They value authenticity and diversity, and they are more likely to support brands that reflect their unique identities and perspectives. This has led to an increase in the popularity of sustainable fashion brands that offer unique and ethical products.
Overall, the characteristics of Gen Z, including their digital literacy, awareness of social and environmental issues, and desire for individuality and self-expression, have shaped their attitudes towards sustainable fashion. They are more likely to prioritize sustainability and ethical consumption, and they value brands that align with their values and offer unique and ethical products.
Influences on Gen Z’s values and beliefs
Gen Z’s Digital Immersion
- Ubiquitous access to the internet and social media platforms
- Unprecedented exposure to global events, ideas, and trends
- Digital natives with a unique worldview shaped by technology
The Climate Change Generation
- Heightened awareness of environmental issues and the urgency to act
- Growing up with stark evidence of climate change impacts on the environment
- Concern for the future and a desire to make a positive difference
Social Justice and Equality
- Exposure to diverse perspectives and experiences through digital media
- Growing up in a world grappling with social and economic inequality
- A strong desire for fairness, inclusion, and justice in all aspects of life
Rapid Technological Advancements
- Constant exposure to new technologies and innovations
- Belief in the potential of technology to drive positive change
- Embracing sustainable technologies and innovative solutions to environmental challenges
These influences have collectively shaped Gen Z’s values and beliefs, leading to a strong inclination towards sustainability, environmental stewardship, and social responsibility.
What is sustainable fashion?
Definition of sustainable fashion
Sustainable fashion refers to a style of fashion that prioritizes environmental and social responsibility throughout the entire lifecycle of a garment. This includes the sourcing of materials, the manufacturing process, and the disposal of the product. Sustainable fashion seeks to minimize the negative impact of the fashion industry on the environment, while also promoting ethical labor practices and fair working conditions for garment workers. The goal is to create a more sustainable and equitable fashion industry that can support the needs of future generations.
Importance of sustainable fashion
Sustainable fashion refers to clothing and accessories that are produced in an environmentally friendly and socially responsible manner. It encompasses various practices such as using eco-friendly materials, reducing waste, promoting fair labor practices, and supporting local communities. The importance of sustainable fashion lies in its potential to address several pressing issues that are impacting our planet and society.
One of the most significant benefits of sustainable fashion is its ability to reduce the environmental impact of the fashion industry. The fashion industry is a significant contributor to global pollution, as it generates massive amounts of waste and emissions. By using sustainable materials and production methods, the industry can significantly reduce its carbon footprint and minimize its contribution to climate change.
Sustainable fashion also promotes social responsibility and fair labor practices. Many fashion brands operate in developing countries, where workers are often subjected to poor working conditions and low wages. By choosing sustainable fashion brands, consumers can support companies that prioritize fair labor practices and ensure that workers are treated fairly and paid a living wage.
Another critical aspect of sustainable fashion is its potential to support local communities. By sourcing materials locally and working with local artisans and producers, sustainable fashion brands can help to preserve traditional crafts and support local economies. This can have a positive impact on the communities where the fashion brands operate, promoting economic development and preserving cultural heritage.
In conclusion, the importance of sustainable fashion lies in its potential to address several pressing issues that are impacting our planet and society. By choosing sustainable fashion brands, consumers can make a positive impact on the environment, support fair labor practices, and promote local communities.
Do Gen Z care about sustainable fashion?
Attitudes towards sustainable fashion
The attitudes of Gen Z towards sustainable fashion have been studied and analyzed to determine their level of concern and interest in this topic. Research has shown that this generation is highly aware of the environmental impact of the fashion industry and is more likely to prioritize sustainability when making purchasing decisions.
According to a survey conducted by ThredUP, a US-based online secondhand clothing store, 75% of Gen Z consumers say that they are willing to pay more for sustainable fashion. This figure is significantly higher than any other generation, indicating that Gen Z is more conscious of the environmental impact of their clothing choices.
In addition, a study by GlobalWebIndex found that 62% of Gen Z consumers consider the environmental impact of a product before making a purchase. This shows that Gen Z is not only interested in sustainable fashion but is also willing to take the time to research and make informed decisions about the products they buy.
Furthermore, a report by McKinsey & Company found that Gen Z is more likely to purchase from brands that align with their values, including sustainability. This suggests that sustainable fashion brands have a unique opportunity to connect with this generation and build brand loyalty.
Overall, these findings indicate that Gen Z is highly attuned to the environmental impact of the fashion industry and is more likely to prioritize sustainability when making purchasing decisions. This presents a significant opportunity for sustainable fashion brands to connect with this generation and build brand loyalty.
Perceptions of Gen Z towards sustainable fashion
The perceptions of Gen Z towards sustainable fashion have been a subject of much interest among researchers and industry professionals. It is widely believed that Gen Z is more environmentally conscious than previous generations and is therefore more likely to embrace sustainable fashion. However, it is important to delve deeper into their attitudes towards sustainable fashion to fully understand their perceptions.
Fashion as a form of self-expression
One of the key perceptions of Gen Z towards sustainable fashion is that it is a form of self-expression. Fashion has always been a way for individuals to express themselves and their values, and Gen Z is no exception. They view sustainable fashion as a way to express their commitment to the environment and to their values. Sustainable fashion is seen as a way to make a statement about their beliefs and to set themselves apart from others.
Transparency and authenticity
Another important perception of Gen Z towards sustainable fashion is the need for transparency and authenticity. Gen Z is a generation that values honesty and transparency, and they expect the same from the brands they support. They want to know where their clothes come from, who made them, and under what conditions. Sustainable fashion brands that are transparent about their production processes and supply chains are more likely to be viewed positively by Gen Z.
Accessibility and affordability
While Gen Z is more likely to embrace sustainable fashion, there is still a perception that it is not as accessible or affordable as traditional fashion. Many sustainable fashion brands are still relatively new and may not have the same level of resources as traditional fashion brands, which can lead to higher prices. However, as sustainable fashion continues to gain popularity and more brands enter the market, the accessibility and affordability of sustainable fashion are likely to improve.
Influence of social media
Finally, social media has played a significant role in shaping the perceptions of Gen Z towards sustainable fashion. Social media platforms such as Instagram and TikTok have given rise to influencers who promote sustainable fashion and encourage others to adopt more environmentally friendly practices. This has helped to raise awareness of sustainable fashion and has made it more accessible to a wider audience.
In conclusion, the perceptions of Gen Z towards sustainable fashion are complex and multifaceted. While they are more likely to embrace sustainable fashion as a form of self-expression and as a way to express their values, they also prioritize transparency and authenticity. Accessibility and affordability are still a concern, but as sustainable fashion continues to gain popularity, these issues are likely to be addressed. Social media has played a significant role in shaping their perceptions and has helped to raise awareness of sustainable fashion.
Factors influencing Gen Z’s attitudes towards sustainable fashion
The economic factors that influence Gen Z’s attitudes towards sustainable fashion include the cost of sustainable fashion products, the availability of affordable sustainable fashion options, and the economic benefits of sustainable fashion practices.
Cost of sustainable fashion products
The cost of sustainable fashion products is a significant economic factor that affects Gen Z’s attitudes towards sustainable fashion. Sustainable fashion products are often more expensive than conventional fashion products due to the higher production costs associated with sustainable practices. This higher cost can be a barrier for Gen Z consumers who are more price-sensitive and may prioritize affordability over sustainability.
Availability of affordable sustainable fashion options
The availability of affordable sustainable fashion options is another economic factor that influences Gen Z’s attitudes towards sustainable fashion. While sustainable fashion products are becoming more widely available, they may still be less common in some retail environments. Gen Z consumers may be more likely to adopt sustainable fashion practices if sustainable fashion products are readily available and affordable.
Economic benefits of sustainable fashion practices
The economic benefits of sustainable fashion practices, such as reducing waste and conserving resources, can also influence Gen Z’s attitudes towards sustainable fashion. Gen Z consumers may be more likely to adopt sustainable fashion practices if they understand the economic benefits of doing so. For example, if Gen Z consumers are aware that sustainable fashion practices can lead to cost savings in the long run, they may be more likely to adopt these practices.
Overall, economic factors play a significant role in shaping Gen Z’s attitudes towards sustainable fashion. While the higher cost of sustainable fashion products may be a barrier for some Gen Z consumers, the availability of affordable sustainable fashion options and the economic benefits of sustainable fashion practices may encourage Gen Z consumers to adopt sustainable fashion practices.
- Cultural factors play a significant role in shaping Gen Z’s attitudes towards sustainable fashion.
- Gen Z is more aware of the impact of fast fashion on the environment and society, thanks to the growing influence of social media and the internet.
- This generation is also more diverse and open-minded, with a greater appreciation for different cultures and lifestyles.
- As a result, Gen Z is more likely to embrace sustainable fashion as a way to express their individuality and support ethical and environmental values.
- Furthermore, sustainable fashion has become a mainstream trend, with many popular fashion brands and influencers promoting eco-friendly and sustainable clothing.
- This has made it easier for Gen Z to incorporate sustainable fashion into their wardrobes and lifestyles, without compromising on style or affordability.
- Overall, cultural factors have had a positive impact on Gen Z’s attitudes towards sustainable fashion, making it a growing and influential force in the fashion industry.
Social media and peer influence
In today’s digital age, social media plays a significant role in shaping the attitudes of Gen Z towards sustainable fashion. The influence of social media platforms like Instagram, TikTok, and YouTube on this generation cannot be overstated.
Influence of social media personalities
Social media personalities, particularly influencers, have a considerable impact on Gen Z’s purchasing decisions and perceptions of sustainable fashion. These influencers often share their thoughts on sustainable fashion, eco-friendly practices, and ethical brands. Gen Z looks up to these influencers as role models and takes their recommendations seriously. As a result, sustainable fashion trends and conscious consumption gain more traction among this demographic.
Social media campaigns and awareness
Social media platforms also facilitate the spread of information and awareness about sustainable fashion. Brands and organizations use social media to promote their eco-friendly initiatives, share sustainability reports, and engage with customers. Gen Z actively participates in these conversations, shares their thoughts, and expresses their support for sustainable fashion. Social media campaigns have become an effective tool for raising awareness and driving change in the fashion industry.
The role of peer influence
Peer influence, or the influence of friends and acquaintances, is another factor that contributes to Gen Z’s attitudes towards sustainable fashion. This generation highly values the opinions of their peers and often looks to them for guidance on fashion choices. When friends or family members adopt sustainable fashion practices, Gen Z is more likely to follow suit. Conversely, negative perceptions or a lack of interest in sustainable fashion among peers can discourage Gen Z from embracing these practices.
Overall, social media and peer influence play a significant role in shaping Gen Z’s attitudes towards sustainable fashion. These platforms provide a platform for discussions, awareness, and the dissemination of information. As the fashion industry continues to evolve, it is crucial for brands and organizations to leverage these influences to drive positive change and encourage sustainable practices among Gen Z consumers.
Gen Z’s actions towards sustainable fashion
Gen Z, defined as those born between 1997 and 2012, is often described as the most environmentally conscious generation yet. When it comes to purchasing behavior, Gen Z is known for their willingness to pay more for sustainable and eco-friendly products. This includes sustainable fashion, which has seen a surge in popularity among Gen Z consumers in recent years.
According to a survey conducted by ThredUP, a popular online secondhand clothing store, 75% of Gen Z consumers say they prefer to buy sustainable clothing. Additionally, 70% of Gen Z consumers say they would rather buy from a brand that is transparent about its sustainability efforts.
When it comes to specific purchasing behaviors, Gen Z is known for their love of vintage and secondhand clothing. According to a report by GlobalWebIndex, 63% of Gen Z consumers in the US say they have purchased secondhand clothing in the past year. Additionally, 55% of Gen Z consumers in the US say they have purchased vintage clothing in the past year.
This trend towards sustainable fashion is driven by a desire to reduce waste and minimize environmental impact. Gen Z consumers are also increasingly interested in the ethical production of clothing, including fair labor practices and humane treatment of workers.
In conclusion, Gen Z’s purchasing behavior towards sustainable fashion is driven by a desire to reduce waste and minimize environmental impact. They are known for their willingness to pay more for sustainable and eco-friendly products, and are increasingly interested in the ethical production of clothing.
As the most socially and environmentally conscious generation to date, Gen Z is leading the charge in the fight against climate change and environmental degradation. They are actively engaging in environmental activism, which has become a critical component of their sustainable fashion choices. This activism is manifested in various ways, such as participating in protests, signing petitions, and supporting environmental organizations.
Protests and marches
Gen Z has taken to the streets in droves, participating in protests and marches that advocate for environmental causes. These events are often organized in response to significant environmental issues, such as the Amazon rainforest fires or the proposed construction of oil pipelines. By participating in these protests, Gen Z is not only raising awareness about environmental issues but also demonstrating their commitment to sustainable fashion and the environment.
Signing petitions and supporting environmental organizations
In addition to participating in protests, Gen Z is also actively involved in signing petitions and supporting environmental organizations. These actions are crucial in applying pressure on governments and corporations to take action on environmental issues. By supporting organizations such as Greenpeace and the Sierra Club, Gen Z is working to protect the environment and promote sustainable fashion practices.
Using social media to spread awareness
Gen Z is well-known for their extensive use of social media, and they are using this platform to spread awareness about environmental issues and sustainable fashion. By sharing articles, infographics, and personal experiences, Gen Z is educating their peers and the wider public about the importance of sustainable fashion and environmental activism.
In conclusion, Gen Z’s environmental activism is a significant factor in their sustainable fashion choices. By participating in protests, signing petitions, and supporting environmental organizations, they are actively working to protect the environment and promote sustainable fashion practices. Their use of social media also amplifies their message, reaching a wider audience and encouraging others to take action.
What can be done to encourage Gen Z to embrace sustainable fashion?
Education and awareness campaigns
Education and awareness campaigns play a crucial role in encouraging Gen Z to embrace sustainable fashion. These campaigns aim to educate individuals about the importance of sustainable fashion and how it can positively impact the environment and society. By targeting Gen Z, these campaigns can influence their attitudes and behaviors towards sustainable fashion, ultimately promoting a more eco-friendly and socially responsible approach to fashion.
Key components of education and awareness campaigns
- Information dissemination: These campaigns should focus on providing accurate and comprehensive information about sustainable fashion. This includes the definition of sustainable fashion, its benefits, and how it differs from traditional fashion practices.
- Consequences of unsustainable fashion: Highlighting the negative impacts of fast fashion, such as water pollution, greenhouse gas emissions, and waste generation, can motivate Gen Z to adopt more sustainable practices.
- Role models and influencers: Influencers and role models can help promote sustainable fashion among Gen Z by sharing their personal experiences, fashion choices, and tips for adopting sustainable practices.
- Easy-to-understand language: Using simple language and avoiding jargon can help ensure that the message is accessible to all, especially younger audiences who may not be familiar with technical terms related to sustainability.
- Collaboration with fashion industry: Collaborating with fashion brands, designers, and influencers can help promote sustainable fashion and create a more cohesive message that resonates with Gen Z.
Strategies for effective education and awareness campaigns
- Utilize social media platforms: Gen Z is highly connected to social media, making it an ideal platform for disseminating information about sustainable fashion. Social media influencers, bloggers, and campaigns can effectively reach this demographic.
- Partner with educational institutions: Collaborating with schools, colleges, and universities can help integrate sustainable fashion into educational curricula, raising awareness among Gen Z about the importance of sustainable fashion.
- Interactive workshops and events: Engaging Gen Z through interactive workshops, fashion shows, and events can help create a memorable experience and foster a deeper understanding of sustainable fashion.
- Use visuals and storytelling: Visuals, such as infographics, videos, and photos, can help convey complex sustainability concepts in a more accessible way. Storytelling can also help create an emotional connection with Gen Z, making the message more memorable and impactful.
- Offer practical solutions: Providing practical tips and advice on how to adopt sustainable fashion practices can help Gen Z feel empowered and motivated to make a positive change.
By implementing these strategies, education and awareness campaigns can effectively target Gen Z and encourage them to embrace sustainable fashion, ultimately contributing to a more environmentally and socially responsible fashion industry.
Collaboration with influencers and social media platforms
- Utilizing the power of social media influencers to promote sustainable fashion
- Collaborating with social media platforms to raise awareness about sustainable fashion
- Leveraging the influence of celebrities and fashion icons to promote sustainable fashion
Utilizing the power of social media influencers to promote sustainable fashion
- Collaborating with micro and macro influencers to reach a wider audience
- Providing educational content about sustainable fashion to their followers
- Encouraging influencers to share their own sustainable fashion choices and practices
Collaborating with social media platforms to raise awareness about sustainable fashion
- Partnering with platforms to create dedicated sustainable fashion content
- Utilizing platforms’ advertising tools to reach a larger audience
- Creating hashtags and challenges to encourage users to share their sustainable fashion choices
Leveraging the influence of celebrities and fashion icons to promote sustainable fashion
- Encouraging celebrities and fashion icons to promote sustainable fashion through their platforms
- Partnering with these individuals to create sustainable fashion collections or campaigns
- Utilizing their influence to drive change in the fashion industry and promote sustainable fashion as a norm.
Fashion industry initiatives
Fashion industry initiatives play a crucial role in promoting sustainable fashion among Gen Z. These initiatives aim to educate, engage, and empower the younger generation to adopt eco-friendly practices in their wardrobe choices. Some of these initiatives include:
1. Sustainability-focused events and campaigns
The fashion industry can organize events and campaigns that raise awareness about sustainable fashion and its impact on the environment. These events can provide a platform for designers, brands, and experts to share their knowledge and ideas on sustainable practices, ethical production, and responsible consumption.
2. Transparency in supply chains
Fashion brands can increase transparency in their supply chains by disclosing information about the materials used, production processes, and labor conditions. This information can help Gen Z make informed decisions about their purchases, as they can evaluate the environmental and social impact of the products they buy.
3. Circular economy initiatives
Encouraging a circular economy in the fashion industry can help reduce waste and promote sustainable practices. This can be achieved through initiatives such as recycling programs, upcycling projects, and donation drives. Gen Z can be encouraged to participate in these initiatives, which can help them develop a sense of responsibility towards the environment and their consumption habits.
4. Sustainable fashion education
The fashion industry can invest in educational programs that teach Gen Z about sustainable fashion and its importance. This can include workshops, seminars, and online resources that provide information on topics such as eco-friendly materials, ethical production, and responsible consumption.
5. Collaborations with sustainable fashion influencers
Fashion brands can collaborate with sustainable fashion influencers who share the same values and goals. These influencers can help spread the message of sustainable fashion to a wider audience, and their endorsement can encourage Gen Z to adopt eco-friendly practices in their wardrobe choices.
Overall, fashion industry initiatives can play a crucial role in encouraging Gen Z to embrace sustainable fashion. By providing education, transparency, and opportunities for participation, the industry can help the younger generation become more aware of their impact on the environment and encourage them to make more sustainable choices.
Recap of the key findings
In order to effectively encourage Gen Z to embrace sustainable fashion, it is important to first understand their current attitudes and behaviors towards sustainability. Key findings from studies on Gen Z’s attitudes towards sustainable fashion include:
- Gen Z is generally aware of the environmental impact of fast fashion and is willing to make changes in their own consumption habits to reduce their impact.
- However, Gen Z is also concerned about the cost and availability of sustainable fashion options, and may not always prioritize sustainability over other factors such as affordability and trendiness.
- Gen Z values transparency and authenticity in brands, and is more likely to purchase from brands that are open about their sustainability efforts and ethical practices.
- Gen Z is interested in circular fashion models, such as renting, reselling, and upcycling, and sees these models as a way to reduce waste and extend the life of their clothing.
- Gen Z is influenced by social media and peer opinions when making purchasing decisions, and may be more likely to buy sustainable fashion if it is promoted by influencers or celebrities they admire.
By understanding these key findings, brands and retailers can develop strategies to encourage Gen Z to embrace sustainable fashion, such as:
- Offering affordable and accessible sustainable fashion options, such as capsule wardrobes or second-hand clothing.
- Providing transparent information about the sustainability efforts and ethical practices of the brand, such as sourcing and production methods.
- Promoting circular fashion models, such as rental and resale programs, to reduce waste and encourage sustainable consumption.
- Collaborating with influencers and celebrities to promote sustainable fashion and raise awareness of its importance.
Overall, by taking these key findings into account and developing strategies to address them, brands and retailers can encourage Gen Z to embrace sustainable fashion and make a positive impact on the environment.
Future outlook for sustainable fashion among Gen Z
The future outlook for sustainable fashion among Gen Z is positive, as more and more young people are becoming aware of the environmental and social impacts of the fashion industry. Here are some of the key trends that are shaping the future of sustainable fashion among Gen Z:
- Increased awareness and education: As more information becomes available about the negative impacts of fast fashion, Gen Z is becoming more educated about the importance of sustainable fashion. This increased awareness is driving a shift towards more sustainable practices among young people.
- Demand for transparency: Gen Z is demanding greater transparency from fashion brands about their supply chains and production processes. This means that brands will need to be more transparent about their environmental and social impacts in order to remain competitive.
- Circular economy: The circular economy is an important trend among Gen Z, with many young people advocating for a more sustainable approach to fashion. This includes reducing waste by reusing and recycling clothing, as well as supporting brands that use sustainable materials and production processes.
- Ethical fashion: Gen Z is increasingly interested in ethical fashion, with many young people looking for brands that prioritize fair labor practices and ethical sourcing. This means that brands will need to prioritize social responsibility in order to appeal to young consumers.
- Digital innovation: Digital innovation is playing an increasingly important role in sustainable fashion among Gen Z. This includes the use of technology to track the environmental impact of clothing, as well as the use of social media to raise awareness about sustainable fashion.
Overall, the future outlook for sustainable fashion among Gen Z is positive, as more young people are becoming aware of the environmental and social impacts of the fashion industry. By embracing sustainable practices and prioritizing transparency, ethics, and innovation, fashion brands can appeal to the next generation of consumers and help drive a more sustainable future for the industry.
1. What is sustainable fashion?
Sustainable fashion refers to clothing and accessories that are produced in an environmentally and socially responsible manner. This includes using eco-friendly materials, reducing waste, and ensuring fair labor practices.
2. Why is sustainable fashion important?
Sustainable fashion is important because the traditional fashion industry is one of the largest polluters in the world. By choosing sustainable fashion, consumers can reduce their environmental impact and support ethical labor practices.
3. How does Gen Z feel about sustainable fashion?
Gen Z is generally more conscious of environmental issues and is more likely to prioritize sustainability when making purchasing decisions. Many Gen Z individuals believe that sustainable fashion is important and are willing to pay more for sustainable products.
4. Are Gen Z individuals more likely to purchase sustainable fashion?
Yes, studies have shown that Gen Z is more likely to purchase sustainable fashion than older generations. This is likely due to their awareness of environmental issues and their desire to make a positive impact through their purchases.
5. What challenges does Gen Z face when trying to purchase sustainable fashion?
One challenge that Gen Z faces when trying to purchase sustainable fashion is the availability and accessibility of sustainable products. Many sustainable fashion brands are still niche and may not be readily available in mainstream stores. Additionally, the cost of sustainable fashion can be higher than traditional fashion, which may be a barrier for some Gen Z individuals.
6. How can Gen Z make a difference in the fashion industry?
Gen Z can make a difference in the fashion industry by supporting sustainable fashion brands and advocating for more sustainable practices within the industry. They can also spread awareness about the importance of sustainable fashion through social media and other platforms.
7. What role does social media play in Gen Z’s attitudes towards sustainable fashion?
Social media plays a significant role in Gen Z’s attitudes towards sustainable fashion. Many Gen Z individuals use social media to stay informed about sustainability and to share their own sustainable fashion choices with others. Social media can also be a powerful tool for spreading awareness and promoting sustainable fashion brands.